When water damage strikes, the Hays + Sons team of experts will ease your stress and get things back to normal ASAP.
Water damage is no picnic. Whether the damage occurs in your home or business, at a minimum, it’s an inconvenience that disrupts your daily life. At its worst, water damage can cause long-term damage to the structure of your building and even pose health issues to your family or employees if it’s not properly remediated. So, when water damage strikes, make Hays + Sons your first call. Our trusted water damage restoration experts will respond immediately.
When you call Hays + Sons for your water damage, here’s what you can expect:
- Hays + Sons will make sure your family is safe. The first priority is to stop the flow of water. Once that’s done, your first instinct might be to dive in and start cleaning up the water. However, you need to exercise caution. Standing water can pose danger around electrical outlets or hide sharp objects or tripping hazards. Also, since water in your home can come from a variety of sources, your water damage restoration expert will assess the quality of the water that’s causing the damage to determine the best course of action for remediation.
Let’s take a look at the three different types of water.
- Clean water. Clean water is rainwater or water from your own pipes. It can cause trouble from things like: roof damage, improperly waterproofed basements, storm damage, condensation or burst pipes in both summer weather and winter weather that damage ceilings or other areas of your home. This is the most straightforward type of water damage to repair, but it’s still essential that the moisture is completely removed and all surfaces are properly dried.
- Gray water. Gray water is slightly dirty water from sources like dishwashers, washing machines and clean toilets. It will most likely be the result of a malfunctioning appliance or system in your home and it will probably contain some contaminants. Simply using a shop vac and/or shampooing carpets to clean up gray water spills may not properly clean and sanitize your personal property, ceilings, walls, floors and other surfaces.
- Black water. Black water comes from sources like sewage or serious flooding from nearby rivers, etc. If you have a flooded basement or flooded crawl space from one of these sources, this water can contain waste, bacteria and other contaminants. Black water can cause very serious health problems. You should never try to clean it up without professional help.
- Hays + Sons will create a clear plan of action to repair the damage.
An estimator will come to your home and assess the water damage. He’ll take pictures for your insurance company and create a plan of action to remove all the moisture and restore your home or business, as well as your personal possessions.
After that initial visit, you can expect:
- Consistent communication. Once you and your insurance company have approved the repair plan, your Hays + Sons water damage restoration expert will communicate with both you and your insurance company consistently. They’ll also keep you apprised of the schedule and let you know which contractors are coming to your home when.
- Some heavy equipment. Your water restoration experts will utilize high-tech, state-of-the-art drying equipment to remove every drop of moisture from your building.
- Professionalism and care. The Hays + Sons water restoration team understands the stress that water damage can cause. They know that your possessions mean more to you than just the dollar value to replace them. They’ll treat your home or business and belongings as if they were their own and carefully restore as many of your personal possessions as they can.
- Hays + Sons will restore your peace of mind.
As the drying process proceeds, your Hays + Sons water restoration team will conduct regular inspections and measure the moisture levels in the water-damaged area. Inspections will continue until the drying process is complete and your home or business is completely back to normal!
Water can find a way into nooks and crannies of your home, beyond what you can see. That’s why it’s essential to contact the Hays + Sons water removal and restoration experts at the first sign of water damage. Even if you clean up everything you can see, it’s likely that moisture will remain. Delaying in the removal of moisture can lead to mold growth over time. So, when water damage strikes, make Hays + Sons your first call.
About Hays + Sons
For more than 38 years, Hays + Sons has been the property restoration company that families, businesses and schools trust. We’re committed to helping you be prepared when the unexpected strikes, and whether you just want tips for water damage prevention and mitigation or currently have water damage, Hays + Sons has the capacity and expertise to help you get back to normal ASAP.
The compassionate, experienced, and trusted residential restoration experts at Hays + Sons are just a phone call away, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If you’re in need of water damage restoration, get in touch with us at one of our offices across Indiana or in Cincinnati, Ohio.