Sniffing, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, itchy nose–all of these symptoms sound like a pesky spring cold or seasonal allergies. They’ll run their course and be gone, right? Maybe. But if they’re not gone in due time, you should look for another source for those maladies. That source could be growing right under your nose. It just might be mold.
Mold is an adaptable fungi that can live just about anywhere. The only thing it really needs to grow is a little moisture. If that moisture happens to be in your walls, basement, attic, carpet or anywhere else that isn’t easily visible, mold could be thriving in your home and making your family sick. Children, elderly people and anyone who is already prone to respiratory issues, such as asthmatics, are particularly at risk. It’s important to contact a mold remediation or restoration company if you suspect that you have moisture in your home to check for and remove the mold as soon as possible.